Saturday, January 23, 2010

My New Toy.........

My birthday is next week so today while we were running errands I bought myself a birthday present.


I’ve never been able to sew to save my life which has been a great disappointment to my mom, who is the queen of all seamstresses! She pieces all my quilt tops and makes me pretty much anything that I want her to, which is a pretty nice gig if ya think about it. My friend Darlin’ Deb has been on me about learning how to piece my own tops and how to sew. I’ve wanted to, just never had any luck with sewing machines. Sewing machines and I don’t get along. However I bought myself this little number today, came home and proceeded to make this apron!


I didn’t have a pattern, just my apron that my mom made me a thousand years ago. I laid newspaper over it, cut out a pattern, and just went to town. I had a great time and can’t wait to make more stuff with my birthday present!




Till next time………….GOD BLESS FROM GOODWIFE FARM!

2 comments:

  1. Sewing -- I have a sewing machine - it has been a long time since I've used it... Same story, my mother is a wonderful seamstress and quilter maybe when I run out of scrapbook and picture things to do.... I'm following your exercise blog but i sure enjoy the country life too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl. My mom bought me a small sewing machine for Christmas one year. It's in the top of the closet, never took it out of the box. I'm not real domestic. The husband just laughed when I unwrapped it.

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to comment, I love to hear from folks and I will do my absolute very best to comment back or answer any questions!